As Baby Boomers continue to enter their senior years, families of this incredible generation are looking for living assistance services that are more customizable, more comfortable and more in-tune with their unique needs. Above all, families are searching for ways to harmonize the often competing needs that these seniors have for both independence and increasing safety or health care concerns—and to meet both of those needs with dignity. This is why so many seniors and their families are choosing home care assistance instead of moving to a different senior community or institution. Seniors can live in and enjoy the comfort of their own homes and continue to pursue the lives they love while still receiving extra care and assistance as their needs evolve.
Many families of seniors also ask us what signs to look for when determining whether their loved one really needs living assistance services, or can manage to continue with full independence. Every individual and family is different, which is why it’s a good idea to contact At Home Personal Care to discuss your situation with one of our home care assistance experts.
Here is a list of signs that living assistance services may be needed:
- Your loved one is starting to miss appointments. Everyone forgets an appointment sometimes, but if you start noticing an increase, he or she may need assistance.
- Foods rotting and spoiling in the fridge or lots of expired foods in the shelves—or even expired medications.
- Difficulty with mobility: trouble getting up from a seated position, difficulty walking, going up or down stairs or maintaining balance.
- Unexplained bruises these can signal that your loved one has had an accident.
- Unpleasant body odor, bad breath or the smell of urine in the house; this can signal that your loved one is struggling with self-care and hygiene routines.
- The house isn’t as clean as it normally is; mail is piling up, clutter is expanding, plants aren’t being watered, dishes aren’t being washed, laundry is piling up.
- Notices of over-due bills, bounced checks and cancelled subscriptions to favorite magazines.
Unexplained weight loss can signal a poor diet.
At Home Personal Care Services is always available when I need them. 24 hours a day. I have been with them for 3 years and they are always here for me.
Great Falls, VA
If you notice any of these signs with your loved one, home care assistance can be extremely helpful. If your loved one has a health condition that needs monitoring or care that does not need to be given in a facility, our highly-skilled nursing care team can assist. Our compassionate home health care staff can help with mobility issues, keeping appointments and keeping the house and the bills in order. And our companionship team can provide a listening ear, someone to play cards with, read books with or even cook delicious and nutritious meals that will help your loved one stay healthy.
At Home Personal Care’s living assistance services can help your senior loved one stay as independent at home as possible while also keeping him or her safe and healthy.
Call us today at (703) 330-2323 and we can discuss your family’s unique needs.
Let Us Take Care of Your Family
Our company is Medicare, Medicaid Certified and CHAPS Accredited.