When you or a loved one need an increased level of care, you still have the option to remain at home.
If you have a loved one suffering an injury or condition that requires constant daily assistance, At Home Personal Care provides the option to remain at home instead of going into a nursing care facility. In fact, we find that our clients’ state of mind and ability to make recovery gains is better when they can enjoy the privacy and comforts of home and family as they go through their individual difficulties. And families enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that our trusted, skilled live-in and overnight care team is there to help them.
People Who Might Benefit from Live-in and Overnight Care
Live-in and overnight care is a good option for people who, for one reason or another, are currently unable to perform their normal daily activities without considerable assistance. Elderly patients with mobility concerns, Alzheimer’s patients and anyone who has sustained an injury or developed a health problem that also makes daily self-care difficult.
How Our Live-in and Overnight Care Team Helps
At Home Personal Care can match your loved one with a live-in and overnight caregiver who is able to assist with the process of non-medical, daily living tasks including:
- Basic Housekeeping—We can assist with daily tasks like dishes, laundry, watering plants, vacuuming, dusting, taking out the garbage, getting the mail, general tidying, etc.
- Running Errands—We take care of the driving to help our clients go to appointments, shopping, to see movies, to the park, to visit friends, and other enjoyable outings.
- Personal Care—We can help with personal hygiene needs.
- Meal Preparation—We can assist with both the planning, shopping and preparation of meals.
- Safety and Mobility—We ensure that your loved one remains safe and can assist with mobility difficulties so he or she can get around as much as possible without injury.
- Medication Assistance—We ensure your loved one stays on the doctor’s recommended medication schedule.
- Pet Care—Pets often provide great comfort to our clients, so we can also walk dogs, feed them, change litter boxes, etc.
- Companionship—While we help with all of these other things, most importantly, we provide a kind, compassionate companion who can be there to play games, read books, watch movies, do crafts and just listen.
Live-in and Overnight Care Requirements
Because our live-in and overnight care professionals literally live in your loved one’s home during the course of care for anywhere from 2-7 days and nights a week, At Home Personal Care makes sure each of our professionals is fully-trained, background checked and fits well with your loved-one’s personality and needs. Care needs are highly individual, so we work hard to match our caregiver to your loved one for great trust, service and companionship. Our caregiver will cook and eat with you, possibly drive your car or theirs to appointments and to go shopping and do many other things to help your loved one live as independently and safely as possible at home, so they will need a private room to sleep in during the night so they can remain rested and ready to give their best care each day to your family member.
To learn more about our live-in and overnight care team, please contact At Home Personal Care at (703) 330-2323 today.